2018 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
The Australian National University
Thesis title: Amfo’an consonant insertions: A synchronic and diachronic account. Supervised by Bethwyn Evans
2013- 2016 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Visual Arts
The Australian National University
- Majors: Linguistics, Print media and Drawing
Minors: Indonesian, Art theory
- Included in country Indonesian study at Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana – Salatiga
- 2019 ‘A typology of consonant/zero alternations’
13th Conference of the Association for Linguistic Typology (ALT) University of Pavia, Italy, 4-6 September
- 2019 ‘The Structure of Meto Poetry’
Co presented with Owen Edwards (Leiden University) 11th International Austronesian and Papuan Languages and Linguistics Conference (APLL11) Leiden University, The Netherlands, 13-15 June.
- 2019 ‘Medial-final alternations in Eastern Indonesia’
11th International Austronesian and Papuan Languages and Linguistics Conference (APLL11).
Leiden, The Netherlands, 13-15 June.
- 2019 ‘The Necessity of Analysis in Documentation’
Co presented with Owen Edwards (Leiden University) The Sixth International conference on Language Documenation and Conservation (ICLDC6), USA, Honolulu, Hawaii, February 28 - March 3.
- 2018 ‘The morphophonology of consonant insertion in Amfo'an’
The Fourteenth International conference on Austronesian Linguistics (14ICAL) Antananarivo, Madagascar, 17-20 July.
- 2018 ‘Synchrony and Diachrony of Consonant Insertions in Meto’
Co presented with Owen Edwards (Leiden University)
The Fourteenth International conference on Austronesian Linguistics (14 ICAL) Antananarivo, Madagascar, 17-20 July .
- 2018 ‘Amfo'an consonant insertion: Diachronic origins’
The Seventh East Nusantara Conference (ENUS7)
Kupang, Nusa Tenggara Timor, Indonesia, 14-15 May.
- 2017 ‘Amfo’an Consonant insertion’
The Twenty Seventh Meeting of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society (SEALS 27) Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia, 11-13 May.
- November 2018-January 2019: ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language (ANU): Summer scholar
This Project is a study of morphosyntactic features of Warlpiri child language, and of how these features are indicative of contact-induced change. Supervised by Dr. Carmel O'Shannessy.
- January-December 2017: Unit Bahasa dan Budaya (Language and Culture Unit, Kupang)
The focus of role was to produce an electronic corpus of Amfo’an, an undocumented Austronesian language of Western Timor. Amfo’an is a morphologically complex language with several typologically uncommon features such as morphological metathesis. This role included collecting, transcribing, glossing, translating and analysing spoken texts. In this role, I also conducted an extensive survey of the Amfo’an area to determine dialectal variation and worked with members of the community to produce literacy recourses in Amfo’an. Supervised by Dr. Chuck Grimes
- February- April 2019: The University of Melbourne
Supervised by Rebecca Defina
- December 2016: Language Intelligence
Supervised by Paul Sidwell and Mark Donohue
- February-November 2018: Big Improvements Tutoring, Tutor, Manager
- July- December 2016: Questacon, The Department of Industry and Science, Questacon Assistant
- September 2015-July 2016: Questacon, The Department of Industry and Science, Gallery Assistant
- June 2015-December 2016: Fenner Hall, The Australian National University ,Senior resident
- February-December 2015 Big Improvements tutoring, Tutor